Asus today released a patch with the July Security updates along with some fixes and a changed boot animation (for Indian users) for the ZenFone 5z (ZS620KL).
This patch right now is released only for India (WW SKU only, not for JP). There is no mention from Asus of when the rest of the world will get this update. Here is the changelog:
- Update security patch to 2019-07.
- Fixed occasional can’t reading of SD card.
- Update and optimize System.
- Boot animation changed for India users. (Asus 5Z)
For the Full Firmware, you can download it from here: UL-Z01R-WW-126.96.36.199-user.zip
For the OTA update (from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206), you can download it from here: update.zip
Manual Steps to update:
- Change the file name from update.zip to UL-Z01R-WW-220.127.116.11-user.zip and copy it to the root of the internal memory.
- Reboot the phone.
- You will get notification for the update.
Asus ZenFone 5z powered by an year old Snapdragon 845 SoC and running Android Pie is a beautiful and a perfectly capable smartphone which can do all the day-to-day tasks with ease along with some serious gaming and great multimedia features. The handset has fairly good optics too. The handset is Flipkart exclusive and priced at ₹24,999 currently. It’s a good value for money with a very good design (although little dated in the time of full screen displays) and premium materials.