MediaTek launched a new budget gaming series G90 in an event in New Delhi. The company is promising a superior gaming experience with the new G90 series chipset which comes with MediaTek’s own HyperEngine Game Technology.
There are two chips in this series: helio G90 & helio G90T. The series is an upgrade of the Helio P90 SoC and could possibly based on the same 12nm FinFET manufacturing process what it’s predecessor was built on. The Helio G90 series octa-core chipsets has 2x Arm Cortex-A76 and 6x Cortex-A55 with a large L3 cache along with the Arm Mali – G76 3EEMC4 GPU with speeds up to 800MHz. The octa-core CPU speeds up to 2.05GHz.
When it comes to memory the chipset supports LPDDR4x RAM up to 10GB with clock speed of up to 2133MHz. Camera front it supports 64MP single and 24MP+16MP dual camera with support for HDR10 standard with 10-bit color depth. It also supports night shot mode.
MediaTek’s HyperEngine Game Technology, a software enhancement, has an array of engines to boost the mobile gaming experience. It includes:
- Picture Quality Engine provides Support for the latest HDR10 standard with 10-bit Color Depth. It also provides a better contrast, sharpness and details through Deep picture quality.
- Dual Wi-Fi Connections allows a single smartphone antenna to be connected to two Wi-Fi bands (2.4GHz/5GHz) or two routers simultaneously to provide a reliable connection, decrease latency and provides a smooth gaming experience.
- Rapid Response Engine uses touch acceleration to improve in-game action-to-display speeds so the game world is streamed and rendered fast and fluidly. This provides a stutter free gaming experience.
- Resource Management Engine intelligently directs device resources including CPU and GPU for optimum performance and automatically delivers smooth, fluid, high-performance frame rates in games.
- Call & Data Concurrency so when your smartphone receives a call it won’t drop the data connection.You can continue gaming in case of a incoming call by rejecting it without stopping or leaving the arena.
Xiaomi also announced a device with MediaTek’s G90T in India soon. We hope other brands also comes up devices with this SoC soon as the Indian mid-range segment is looking for devices which can game well.